San Pietro di Sorres
The church of San Pietro di Sorres was built between 1170 and 1200 as a cathedral for the medieval town of Sorres. The church has a bichrome facade with dark basalt and light limestone. In the fifteenth century the town of Sorres was abandoned and the church would remain in disuse until in 1950 Benedictine monks rebuilt the church and built a monastery. The church can be visited.
Address: Monastero Benedettino San Pietro di Sorres 07040 Borutta (SS)
Openingtimes: the church is open every day
Prices: free entrance
Web site: San Pietro di Sorres
The information has been updated for 2016 but prices and opening hours may vary.